Decision No. (73) (2007) With Regard to Conditions of Labour Market Regulatory Authority for Acceptance of Electronic Transactions
Source: Labour Market Regulatory Authority
The ministry of Labour
The Minister of Labour, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Labour Market Regulatory Authority:
After Perusal of Decree No, (28) (2002) with Regard to Electronic Transaction Act, and its amendment by Act No. (13) (2006),
And Act No. (19) (2006) with Regard to the Labour Market Regulation,
And Decision No. (2) (2006) with Regard to Technical Conditions for Acceptance of Electronic Transactions,
And Upon the Presentation of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the Acting Chief Executive Officer of Labour Market Regulatory Authority,
Decided as follows:
In application of this decision, words and phrases shall have the corresponding meaning, unless the text requires otherwise:
The Authority: Labour Market Regulatory Authority.
Work Permit: A permit issued by the authority - in accordance with Act No. (19) (2006) with Regard to the Regulation of the Labour Market, - for the employment of a foreign worker by an employer as stipulated in the permit.
Employer: Any natural or legal person employing one or more workers for specific work in lieu of remuneration, fixed or changing, in cash or in kind. This includes any governmental agency, organization, public corporation, company, establishment or any other entity of the private sector.
Electronic Register: Any register established, sent, receieved, distributed or preserved by any electronic means whether through electrical, magnetic, electro-magnetic, visual, biometric, photonic or any similar technical device.
Fees: Fees imposed in accordance with Act No. (19) (2006) with Regard to the Regulation of the Labour Market.
Residence Permit: A permit issued in accordance with Foreigners Act (Immigration and Residence) (1965) &amendments and relevant decisions of the minister of Interior.
The authority shall accept sending and receiving registers in electronic forms.
The scope of sending and receiving electronic registers and signatures shall be limited to the following:
(1) Application for issuance , renewal or cancellation of work permits
(2) Application by a foreign employer for issuance, renewal or cancellation of license to conduct economic or professional activities not allowed for foreigners without obtaining a license from the Authority.
(3) The application of the employer to cancel a power of attorney.
(4) Notification of acceptance or rejection of the issuance of a work permit or license for a foreign employer to conduct an economic or professional activity.
(5) Presentation of the particulars of the work permit.
(6) Application of an employer to change the profession of a foreign employee.
(7) Application of a foreign employee to transfer to another employer.
(8) Settlements of the work permit fees.
(9) Application for residence visa for members of the family of an employee or a foreign employer.
(10) Settlement of residence visa fees
The Authority shall accept electronic transactions from:
(1) Public entities.
(2) Employers or their representatives.
Hyper Text Mark up Language/ HTML shall be used to establish, send, receive, distribute and preserve electronic registers, referred to in Article (3) of this decision.
The documents attached to the registers shall be photo scanned and in (Joint Photographic Experts Group /JPEG)
The Chief Executive Officer of Labour Market Regulatory Authority shall implement this decision. The decision shall come in force on the day subsequent to publication in the official gazette.
Dr. Majeed Bin Muhsin Al Alawi
Minister of Labour,
Chairman of Labour Market Regulatory Authority
Issued on 20Shawal 1428 Hijri
First of November 2007
Last Update: Thursday 1 November 2007