New Work Visa
- Complete the required application form or Submit it electronically, using LMRA’s EMS system.
- A copy of the worker’s passport containing all the information and alterations or updates as well as the page that states the father or spouse’s name (For workers of both Indian and Pakistani nationalities) and the page that contains the old passport number.
The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, but it is highly recommended to have it valid for at least 2 years, before applying.
- For non-commercial institutions and non-governmental organizations, a copy of a valid license from the competent authority must be attached.
- A copy of the latest paid electricity bill (private sector).
- This bill should be paid and its issue date not older than 3 months.
- Supply Address in the bill must match the CR’s address.
- The bill shouldn't be a final notification to cut the electricity supply.
- Current account guarantee deposit bonds are not accepted. (If a new CR is not yet billed, you need to upload a print- out from the electricity and water authority showing that the account had been opened or transferred to that specific CR).
- If electricity is not your responsibility (for example: Shops in Malls, or electricity paid by the landlord) you will need to upload a proof, like the lease contract.
- Present the identity of the authorized applicant (must be a Bahraini authorized person or the foreign employer himself). Any applicant must be registered in the system as an authorized or Responsible person with authority on the respective CR or Unit).
- A copy of the Worker’s CPR (if available).
- For the visa applications for the Nationals of Bangladesh:
- Attach a copy of pages 8 and 9 of the passport with the application.
- Security certificate of good behavior from the worker’s country ratified by the Bangladeshi Embassy in the Kingdom and MOFA.
- Provide a medical certificate of the worker’s state of health ratified by the Bangladeshi Embassy in the Kingdom and MOFA.
- A travel documentation ratifying the data accuracy thereof from the Bangladeshi Embassy in the Kingdom and MOFA.
- Submitting a record of work experience in the case where the worker is a craftsman, endorsed from the official competent authorities in his/her country.
- The worker’s age must be at least 25 years old.
- The worker must not have any criminal records or Deportation history as a result of committing a felony or misdemeanor.
- A copy of the “Offer letter / work contract tamplet” between the employer and foreign employee (one or two pages Max). On the company’s letterhead or a government official paper.
It must include the following information:
The Name of the employer and the establishment address, the name of the foreign employee, passport number, Nationality, job role (occupation) of the employee, salary, employment and notice periods. This job offer letter should be signed by the employer and the employee and bear the seal / stamp of the employer. It should state that the offer is subject to successful application of the work visa.
- The Medical check-up report for the foreign employee, done in his/her home or current residence country (or the nearest place to it) showing him / her as fit to work.
- Report or certificate should not be older than three months from the issue date.
- It must be issued by one of the centers accredited by the Ministry of Health as published on LMRA’s website Authorized Health Centers .
- In the absence of an accredited center in the residential city or country of the expat employee, a report / certificate from any official medical center will be accepted.
- Certificate of medical examination is not required if the employee is already in Bahrain.
- Medical check-up is not required for dependents.
- For more information and a list of accredited centers follow this link: Authorized Health Centers .
Time taken to decide on the Application:
LMRA will take a decision on the application within 10 business days from the date of fulfillment of all the necessary and correct information, documents and conditions.
Application Follow-up while the Permit is in the processing stage:
The employer can follow up the submitted applications by:
- Logging on to the EMS system and using the application number (Application ID).
- Visiting the Express services section on LMRA’s website using the application number (Application ID), or the expat’s passport number / CPR number.
- Calling LMRA’s contact centre on 17506055 and giving the application number (Application ID) to the service agents.
- LMRA also has automated messages (E-mail and /or SMS) where the applicant can opt to receive such messages upon the change of the application status.
Upon the final approval decision of the application or permit, the employer / applicant must pay the relevant fees, after the payment the visa can be printed from the system (Fees can be paid online electronically from the EMS system, or at the cashiers’ counters located in LMRA’s main building).
The Procedures required after the arrival of the foreign worker into the Kingdom:
After the arrival of the foreign worker, the Employer must substantiate the completion of the medical examination procedures as per the schedule issued to the worker upon arrival.
- In the case of an expat having a multiple-visit trips visa, this visa must be cancelled prior to submitting the application (whether the expat is in Bahrain or Abroad).
- The employer must process the deportation of the expat employee immediately, if the employee had failed to pass the required medical examination.
- In the case the worker is in Bahrain and the employer wants to employ him. The copy of the passport attached with the application should be the same as the passport that he entered the kingdom with (For people with more than one nationality).
Note: Information mentioned in this guide is subject to change.
Last Update: Sunday 10 October 2010