Dependents' Residence Permits
- The foreign worker’s monthly net income (as per the GOSI registration) must be BD 250 or more (Bahraini Dinars).
- In the case of the Worker’s family Dependents are already in the Kingdom on a visit or any other type of visa; the visa must be valid for a period of not less than 7 Working days upon submission of the Application.
- In the case where the worker's dependents who is/are over the age of 18 years, the Procedure of issuing the residence permit and renewing it is carried out directly with The General Directorate of Nationality Passports and Residence (GDNPR) depending on the conditions and regulations of the department.
- Complete the required application, or apply electronically via EMS.
- Present the identity of the authorized applicant (must be a Bahraini authorized person or the foreign employer himself). Any applicant must be registered in the system as an authorized or Responsible person with authority on the respective CR or Unit )
- A copy of the dependant’s passport containing all the information and alterations or updates as well as the page that states the father or spouse’s name (where applicable). The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, but it is highly recommended to have it valid for at least 2 years, before applying.
- A copy of the Dependents’ birth certificate (in Arabic or English) retified by MOFA and Bahrain Embassy from the workers country.
- A copy of the Worker’s wife passport.
- A copy of the Worker’s CPR (if available).
- the marriage certificate in Arabic or English, ratified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the worker’s country and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the worker’s country; applicable to Arab nationalities; this includes non-Arab nationals if the husband’s name in the wife’s passport is not mentioned.
- In the case of accompanying the working mother in Bahrain; a no objection letter from the Dependents’ father must be presented and ratified by the Worker’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kingdom’s Embassy in their country, where applicable. In the case where the parents are divorced, the divorce certificate and a statement proving the mother’s custody of the Dependents is required. Or the death certificate of the father, in the case of his death.
- Make sure that the dependent doesn't has a previous CPR number, in case there is an old CPR no, please fill in the CPR no. field when applying for the application.
- For those born in Bahrain or those issued with a new passport in Bahrain, you must first open a file (or edit the data) at the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence (GDNPR). The CPR no. of the new born is found on the birth certificate.
Time taken to decide on the Application:
LMRA will take a decision on the application within 10 business days from the date of fulfillment of all the necessary and correct information, documents and conditions.
Note: Information mentioned in this guide is subject to change.
Last Update: Tuesday 29 June 2010