Dependents' Residence Permits
The fee for each dependent’s (The foreign employee’s family - wife and children under 18 years) visa is BD90 whether the visa is valid for 1 month or 24 months.
All clearing agencies and company representatives have been informed that no dependent’s visa can be longer than his primary worker’s (Father / Husband) and that before they can apply for dependents they should renew the primary worker’s visa first , to avoid getting a short validity for the dpendents , or paying twice (for short validity issue and 2 years renewal at the same time).
- Logon to LMRA’s EMS system and complete the electronic application form (as per the information in the passport and other related documents).
- copy of the passport of the dependent and the primary worker (foreign employee), including all the pages containing the personal information (example: Pages 1 and 2), as well as (Only for the Nationals of India and Pakistan) the page that has the names of the father / mother or husband / Wife Example: Page 36.
- The dependent’s passport must be valid for at least period of 6 months (and preferably valid for two years).
- When applying for children , upload a copy of their mother’s passport as well as her CPR card (if she has one). . If the dependent already has a CPR and you failed to upload and as a result another CPR was issued to the person, he/she may be refused entry and deported and the employer will be liable for expenses of deportation
When applying for children upload a copy of a birth certificate for children (in Arabic or English).
- When applying for the employee’s wife (especially for Arab Nationals) , upload a copy of the marriage contract, which must be either in Arabic or English, it has to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of the spouse (the employee) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain. This is also a requirement for non-Arab Nationals in the absence of husband's name in the wife’s passport. The attestation must be stamped on the front page.
- If applying for the wife and the children at the same time apply for the wife first and wait for her visa to be issued before applying for the children.
- If applying for the children to join their mother, who is the primary worker (Female foreign employee) and the children’s father is not in Bahrain, she needs a special approval from the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence- GDNPR, and an approval letter from the children’s father attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their country and Bahrain’s embassy.
- If the parents are divorced, or the father passed away, then upload an attested certificate or court order proving that the mother has full custody of children, or the father’s death certificate instead.
- For those born in Bahrain or those issued with a new passport (or updated passport / booklet)in Bahrain, you must first open a file (or edit the data) at the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence- GDNPR.
Last Update: Thursday 24 June 2010