Notification of Worker Absconding from Work
The Employer shall notify the LMRA with regard to the foreign worker’s absconding work, within not more than 15 days in violation of the Work visa conditions. The following documents must be provided to complete the process:
- Complete the notification application form.
- Present the identity of the authorized applicant (must be a Bahraini authorized person or the foreign employer himself). Any applicant must be registered in the system as an authorized or Responsible person with authority on the respective CR or Unit.
- A copy of the worker’s identity card or proof of his/her CPR number.
- Copy of attendance report of proof of the date of employee's absence from work.
- The work visa must be valid.
- The establishment must be active.
- The establishment's CR (Commercial Register) must be valid.
- The worker must have been absent for 15 days.
- The establishment should not have an offence registered at LMRA or any official entities.
- The reported Worker will be recorded in the Bahranization Record of the Employer until he leaves the country or is being transferred to another Employer or after 6 months of the notification approval.
- The reported worker is not allowed to be transferred to another Employer or employed again to work with the same Employer after formally approving the notification by the LMRA.
- The notice can't be cancelled after one month of the submission date.
Time taken for the adoption of notification:
LMRA will take a decision on the application within 30 days from the date of fulfillment of all the necessary and correct information, documents and conditions.
Note: Information mentioned in this guide is subject to change.
Last Update: Wednesday 30 June 2010