- Do not employ a foreign employee without a valid work permit /work visa issued by LMRA.
- Do not charge money or obtain any other benefit or advantage from an employee for issuing him a work permit /work visa (or renewing it)
- The foreign employee must only perform the same job role (occupation) mentioned in his/her work permit /work visa
- Ensure the completion of the enrolment process of foreign workers and their family members (digital finger print, photo and signature) on the specified dates.
- Ensure that the foreign employee will only perform their work in the specified location of the employer mentioned in his/her work permit /work visa, or in the branches of the same employer engaged in the exact same activity.
- Pay due fees and other payments to LMRA on time.
- Inform LMRA immediately when an employee leaves work against the conditions of work visa – (absconding from work without authorization or excuse - previously known as Runaway report)
- Inform LMRA if the worker gets infected with a contagious disease, which obliges us for his expulsion from the country as specified by the regulations of Ministry of Health.
- Notify LMRA as soon as he intends to liquefy the business’s capital or as soon as he files for insolvency or bankruptcy or cancels his registration of the commercial register – CR, or revoke the license it carries for activity.
Note: Information in this guide is subject to change.
Last Update: Tuesday 14 December 2010