Checking and Validating Survey Data
FIRST: FIELD WORK
The field work team sought the organisation of the daily production lists for the purpose of following up the flow of daily different supervisory authorities starting with the researcher and ending up with the field work head.
The group leader of field work shall examine the forms completed on the field to verify the completion of all form fields, review daily reports submitted by researchers, ensure proper work flow and confirmation thereof with the work plan. He shall also supervise the quality of work completed by examining sample forms in the office and on the field, direct the attention in case of any errors made by researchers working under his supervision. The leader shall be in constant contact with the Directorate through the registrar and the field work head to be well acquainted with up dated information and receive new instructions issued through circulars issued by the Directorate from time to time to solve technical problems and avoid any difficulties and hardships encountered by the researchers in the field to improve work quality.
In view of the above, the leader shall prepare daily reports about work completed and forward them to field work registrar, who shall in turn select a sample form for verification, confirm its correctness, validity and register the production of field work group leader. The forms shall be compiled and handed over to the head of field work in order to be delivered to the head of office work.
SECOND: OFFICE WORK
The office work team sought the organisation of the daily production lists for the purpose of following up the flow of daily business of different office work categories where completed and verified forms are forwarded immediately to the Leader of the office work which will in turn forward them to the revision, verification and coding groups to process the data. The office verification process was made in line with the field work stage using automated and office standards drawn up to be used during the verification, revision and processing to limit errors. Furthermore, the instantaneous examination and logical operation was made through various stages
- After receiving Field Forms
Inward establishment field forms were sorted according to result code (A) and after limiting inoperative establishments, the Commercial Registry's assistant was sought to obtain an up to date establishments information to get their telephone numbers or addresses to insure their existence in order to send the researcher to collect details or get in contact with them through the office team.
- The period following the data entry
After completing the data entry of all forms in the programme, the data evaluation process took place and the following fields were examined:
- Workers details derived from their files with the establishments (establishments with 10 workers) have been linked with QN08 field (salaried workers from establishment's file) according to the occupational level categories while the variations have been identified and corrected.
- Salaried workers in field QN07 derived from the establishments' files were linked with field QN08 and necessary corrections were made.
- Names of certain establishments have been verified due to errors in the original sample file with the aid of the Commercial Registry's file in addition to correction made through telephone contacts.
- Commercial Registration number was verified by linking the Commercial Registration from the sample's file with the data that has been entered.
- Field QN08 concerning salaried workers according to occupational levels was linked with field QN09 Workers Wages according to occupational levels and necessary corrections were made.
- After drawing out Primary Tables:
A more detailed evaluation was conducted for every field of the (establishments/ employees) survey forms made after drawing out the primary tables and therefore the following was carried out:
a) The recurrent values were discharged according to the survey forms with all its clauses and the following have been defined:
• Minimum and maximum value limits for each clause.
• Missing values (absolute and relative).
• Zero values (absolute and relative).
b) The recurrent values were verified after being discharged in tables and non logical cases were identified and forms were withdrawn for cross checking. The forms below indicate certain examples to this effect.
After examining the forms, it was apparent that most of them are logical and may be accepted. As for cases that require processing, they were bracketed and processed. The forms below indicate certain examples to this effect.
First : Correction made in Establishment’s File :
Second : Correction made in Employee’s File :
(2.1) Correction in the Field EM16 List – Actual Working Days :
(2.2) Correction in the Field EM18 List – Employee Basic Salary :
(2.3) Correction in the Field EM25 List – Deductions from Employee Wage :
(2.4) Correction in the Field EM26 List – No. of Working Years in Current Establishment:
(2.5) Correction in the Field EM27 List – No. of Years Working Experience :
Last Update: Thursday 17 May 2007